Stories and Poems

A Blog to Publish My poems and stories

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Relationships


My mother and me


Why doesn’t she love me?
I’ve considered that for years.
I only start thinking,
and it brings me cheeks full of tears.

Does she like to hurt me?
I’ve wondered again and again.
‘Gerald wanted a boy.’
Words that could only cause me pain.

Did she even like me?
Seems but a simple thing to ask.
Mothers love their daughters,
for her an impossible task.

Is it that she was jealous,
of feelings between me and Dad?
I wouldn’t like to think
that was true, he would feel so sad .

Did she understand me?
Could she see all the reasons why?
I did not share feelings,
simply words, when passing on by.

Why can’t I understand her,
now that I’m a mother of two?
Doesn’t make us closer,
and she just scoffs at all I do.

Why hurt her grand children?
They had never done her harm,
she turned them both against her.
With her own peculiar charm.

Why should I keep trying?
Against impossible odds.
My mother really was
the most difficult of old sods

Why could I not please her?
This has caused me life-long pain.
But no more keeping the peace,
it is not worth the mental strain

Why worry about her?
We left her to keep ourselves sane.
There life was impossible but,
I worry again and again.

I will not get answers.
All that I can do is to live
my life, as I wish she had,
and give love which she could not give.

Dear mothers love your daughters.
Do your best to make childhood fun.
I am sure that you will benefit
from this in the long run.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I stumbled across your blog quite by accident and couldn't help noticing that you do TEFL in Paderborn. It's not Inlingua, is it? That would just be too much of a coincidence!
Michael Engelking, Judit etc..
I taught there in the late 90s.

Cheers, Angus McFarlane

15 August, 2007 15:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home